Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Batch of Christmas Ornaments

The last few weeks I've been busy working on Christmas ornaments.  The redwork snowmen ornaments are from a machine embroidery disk called "Snowman Collector" that was purchased at Erica's Craft & Sewing Center . There are 24 designs included, and it is also available in a hand embroidery pattern.  I used a digitizing program to reduce the designs from their original size to ornament size, then stitched them out on felt using my mom's Janome embroidery sewing machine.  These were a lot of fun to make, and I plan on stitching more.  :)


 The snowflake ornaments are made using my Snowflake Ornament Potholder Pattern, but instead of worsted weight yarn,  I used Knit Picks Palette fingering weight yarn and a small hook to make them a smaller size.  Finished size is about 3" across.





 

No comments: